Victim of Met Police sex predator says she wants him to spend 40 years in prison

The first victim of sexual predator police officer David Carrick to reveal her identity has said she wants him to spend the next 40 years behind bars.

Darciane Nunes Da Silva, 43, waived her anonymity in an interview with the Sunday People because she believes the former Metropolitan Police officer has more victims yet to come forward.

Ms Da Silva said Carrick abused her while she was in a relationship with him.

She told the paper that he sexually assaulted and beat her, controlled every part of her life, spied on her with hidden cameras, and punished her when she disobeyed by releasing her snakes from their enclosure .

Carrick served as a Met officer for 20 years before being denounced as one of the country’s most prolific sex offenders.

The 48-year-old was dismissed from the force for gross misconduct after admitting 49 criminal charges – including 24 counts of rape against 12 women over an 18-year period.

He will be sentenced for the crimes at Southwark Crown Court on Monday.

Ms Da Silva said she does not believe Carrig can ever change.

“I want 40 years in prison,” she said.

“I think that would be fair because I know some of his victims lost 20 years because of what he did. He must be punished.

“I don’t believe he can ever change and I’m worried if he quits he’ll hurt someone else.

“But hopefully by then he’ll be so old he won’t be able to.”

She said her abuse at the hands of the Rock left her “suicidal” and she hopes her bravery in speaking out will encourage other women to come forward.

The Brazilian said she first met Carrick at a pub in London after meeting him on a dating app.

She described him as perfect at first. However, she said he soon became aggressive and violent, controlling her diet and sleeping time, as well as forcing her to let him use handcuffs and sex toys on her.

“He knew how to manipulate me,” she told the Sunday People.

“He kept threatening me and telling me, ‘I’m a policeman and I’m going to take you down if you don’t do what I want’.”

She also said he dropped snakes on the floor twice to scare her.

“Twice as punishment he released the snakes on our floor,” she said.

“I was on top of the sofa shouting and screaming.”

Ms Da Silva left the Rock in July 2020, and subsequently reported to the police in March 2021.

She alleges that she withdrew her complaint after initially receiving no support.

However, she said she opened it a month later at the request of the police after they told her another victim had come forward.

Leave a comment